HISTORY

Colella’s Supermarket was founded in 1945 by Daniel E. Colella.

     The original store was located at 34 Main Street in the building, which now houses Action Copy Plus.  In 1955 the store moved to the current location at 61 Main Street. 

     This new building has had three additions since that time to service the growing Hopkinton community. 

Above, October 5, 1955, Opening Day at the current location. Front row, Ellen, Donna, and Nancy, three of the six Colella girls. Back row, founder Daniel E. Colella, left,  and Red Sox baseball star, Jimmy Piersall.

 

 

 

Above, October, 1955, This is a photo of the original market (only 6 days old) at 61 Main Street.

 

Above, This photo was taken after the first addition was opened in June of 1964.

 

Above, This photo is of Dan and Charlotte.